tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "ann patil" <>
Subject Problem running JApplet on web browser
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:52:02 GMT
Can anybody please help me out

    I have written a program extending JApplet for displaying menu.
The program when executed in the browser only shows gray area for the
height and width specified in the html file.It also display
"Load: class MainMenu not found" on the status bar.

I have jdk1.2 and tomcat 1.3 on my system.The program did not give any
errors on compilation.I can run .jsp and servlets without any problem.

import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import javax.swing.*;
import javax.swing.event.*;
import java.lang.*;
import java.util.*;

public class MainMenu extends JApplet implements ActionListener

	public void init()
		//* Menubar and main menus
		JMenuBar mb     = new JMenuBar();
		JMenu FileMenu  = new JMenu("File");

		//* Constructing File menu items
		JMenuItem FileExit  = new JMenuItem("Exit");

		//* Adding file menu items

		//* Adding listener to filemenu items

		//* Adding main menu's to the menu bar

	//* ActionListener code
	public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent ae)
		String arg = ae.getActionCommand();
		if (arg.equals("Exit"))

I am new to java programming.Can anybody please help me to trace the
problem.Is there anything else to be done before executing the program.