tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "ann patil" <patil...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem: Calling Servlet From Servlet
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:42:34 GMT
Can anybody please help me!!!

I have written a servlet which after checking certain condition needs
to call/invoke another servlet.I have used :

RequestDispatcher rd = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher"/ABC");
rd.forward(req, res);
Where 'ABC' is the second servlet.

When executed in the browser the first servlet is displayed but gives
'Page not found' error at the time of invoking second servlet.

1) I am using JDK 1.2 and Tomcat 1.3.
2) I have placed both the servlets in the same directory.
3) Have included the servlet name and class file name in
'WEB-INF/classes/web.xml.

Is there any thing that I am missing.

Please reply.

Thanks