tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Showing internal request URI's in default responses
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:33:39 GMT
> I was going to say that I don't have any other code changes planned,
> but an instance of something that works in Tomcat 3.1 but not in
> Tomcat 3.2 has turned up today at SAS.  It involves a JSP which
> uses some custom tags we are developing.  It throws an exception
> during JSP compilation in Tomcat 3.2 but doesn't in Tomcat 3.1?! I
> need to make sure the problem isn't in Tomcat 3.2.

This problem turned out to be:

=== JSP file ===
<pre:mytag1 ... >
<pre:mytag2 ... >

</pre:mytag1 ... > <!-- Wrong order! -->
</pre:mytag2 ... >
================

In Tomcat 3.2, this leads to the exception:

    Internal Servlet Error:

	    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:467)

    Root cause:

    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 < 0
	    at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:427)

Put enough content in between the tags and serious hair loss could
result.  However, I'll save working on this for Tomcat 3.3, if this
behavior is still present.

Larry