tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject Showing internal request URI's in default responses
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:47:59 GMT
Hi,

Currently in Tomcat 3.2, DefaultCMSetter.NotFoundHandler and StatusHandler only show the original
request.  For "secure" responses this is appropriate, but during debugging, the request URI
that gives rise the status code needs to be shown.  This is especially true for "Not Found"
errors.

I plan to add this and am interested in opinions about how to control the display of this
information.  I see updating ContextManager with one of  the following options:

1) Use current showStackTraces attribute to control this too.

2) Rename showStackTraces to something more global, such as showDebugInfo, and use it to control
this and stack traces.

3) Add a separate attribute, such as showDebugInfo, to control this.

I'm +1/2 on 2 and 3.  Anyone with a preference, other option, or attribute name?

Cheers,
Larry

Larry Isaacs
Larry.Isaacs@sas.com