tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: ErrorPage in JSP
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:29:33 GMT
Hi Shahed,

You don't mention which Tomcat you are using, but if it is a version of Tomcat 3.2 or 3.3,
it is a bug.  Yesterday I committed a fix to Tomcat 3.2 that I think will fix this (see recent
CVS commit for ContextManager.java in the tomcat_32 branch).  I plan to commit this fix to
Tomcat 3.3 tonight.  This should appear in tomorrow's nightly build for Tomcat 3.3.  For a
Tomcat 3.2 newer than beta3, you will need to get sources for the tomcat_32 branch and build
it yourself, or wait for Tomcat 3.2beta4.

Hope this helps.
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: shahed
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: 9/13/00 6:25 PM
Subject: ErrorPage in JSP

I am trying to use the errorPage directive in a jsp page.

If there is any uncaught exception in page a.jsp, I get redirected
to errorpage.jsp

The only problem is that if I have output any HTML before the exception
is raised in a.jsp, that html is shown before the output of
errorpage.jsp.

I have set the buffer="none" page directive in both a.jsp and
errorpage.jsp, but that does not work.

Thanks.
Shahed.