tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Where should LoadOnStartupInterceptor go in server.xml
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 02:11:14 GMT
Costin,

> LoadOnStartup must be called after everything is set up - so probably
> making it LAST ( or AT_END ) is a good idea.

I've committed this change.

However, I noted that when loadJSP() in LoadOnStartupInterceptor.java calls "request.getSession(true)"
it triggers the long initialization for session ID generation.

I wouldn't think the precompile and preload of a JSP would need a session ID.  Do you have
a problem removing this getSession() call for Tomcat 3.2 and/or 3.3?  I didn't see any problems
when testing this.

Thanks.

Larry