tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: <load-on-startup> patch for Tomcat 3.3
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 19:41:57 GMT
Costin,

Thanks. I'll proceed with the patch.

> I just hope to get some help on refactoring it in the 2.3
> facade ( well,
> I would rather help anyone who wants to  do that - I have few
> deadlines
> and I want to finish some other things I started ).
> Implementing servlet
> 2.3 in a better way would be really great ( and I already
> messed the 2.2
> implementation - a fresh look would be far better :-)
>
> I know implementing the spec is tricky, but it's very cool also.

I'll look forward to the day I am familiar enough with the architecture of Tomcat to tackle
something like a rewrite of ServletWrapper.java.  To avoid "one step forward, two steps back",
I'll work on smaller issues and try to work my way up.  If you know of some smaller scale
issues that need to be looked at, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Larry