tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject <load-on-startup> patch for Tomcat 3.3
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 01:54:07 GMT
Hi Costin,

While porting the <load-on-startup> fix to Tomcat 3.3, I noticed that the "int loadOnStartup"
moved from ServletWrapper.java to Handler.java while the setLoadOnStartup(int ) and getLoadOnStartup()
methods were copied.

I'm adding a "boolean loadingOnStartup" with getter/setter methods to Handler.java to deal
with the case where the servlet should load when loadOnStartup=0.

In an effort to futher the "clean up" of Tomcat 3.3 code, should I remove the setLoadOnStartup(int
) and getLoadOnStartup() methods from ServletWrapper.java since they duplicate those in Handler.java?
 Or for consistency, should I add the new getter/setter methods to ServletWrapper.java too?
 Or, do you have additional plans for these files such that I should wait?

Cheers,
Larry