tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Tomcat on NT ?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:51:49 GMT
Tomcat 3.1 was tolerant of case mismatches on Windows systems.  This unfortunately led to problems
where an access to "mypage.JSP" would serve the JSP page statically.

In Tomcat 3.2 this has been fixed.  Accessing "mypage.JSP" would return "not found" unless
a page actually named "mypage.JSP" exists.  It no longer serves "mypage.jsp" statically instead.

Are you sure the case of the static file names are what you intend them to be?  I have been
bit by the fact that Windows NT Explorer will "format" the name, hiding the actual case.
I think this mainly applies to names that meet the DOS 8.3 format.  It will show you "Mypage.htm"
when the "file properies" says the DOS Name is really "MYPAGE.HTM".

Hope this helps.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Arieh Markel [mailto:Arieh.Markel@central.sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 1:11 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with Tomcat on NT ?

When testing our application, which embeds Tomcat in itself, under
NT, we are experiencing very unexpected behavior.

Namely, references to static image pages are not shown.

Similarly, after going through the login html page, the servlet that
the login page directs to is not found.

Has anybody experienced similar behavior ?

Are there any 'gotchas' that I need to be aware of ?

Thanks,

Arieh