tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject security-constraint
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:13:14 GMT
hey all,

Using latest tomcat in CVS.

I'm trying to setup BASIC auth security for a webapp context and it isn't
working at all.

I have a webapp/PROJECT/templates directory that I would like a BASIC auth
popup to appear on. I don't even care if there is no username/password right
now. I just want the popup to happen.

Here is what I have in my webapp/PROJECT/WEB-INF/web.xml:

<webapp>
    <servlet>
    </servlet>
    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>templates</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/templates/*</url-pattern>
            <user-data-constraint>
            </user-data-constraint>
        </web-resource-collection>