tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: win98 dos windows and logging
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 09:45:10 GMT
on 9/2/2000 2:44 AM, "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pier@apache.org> wrote:

> Nope... There's NO WAY... (I spent 2 days trying to figure it out!).
> One possible way is to set the size of the windows to 80x50 lines (but
> sometimes it's not enough) right clicking on the ms-dos prompt link/icon
> and modifying the entry in the Screen tab.
> Another way is to get STERR redirection using BASH or 4DOS (if you don't
> want to install cygwin!).
> Or, you can always write a small class that:
>
> public static void main(String argv[]) {
> System.setErr(System.out);
> org.apache....classname.main(argv);
> }
>
> In this way you'll be able to redirect the error to output and it
> (should) work...
>
> Pier

Ok, thanks for the help Pier. I did end up creating a small .sh script and
running things through cygwin and bash shell using Rob's example and that
worked.

here is the .sh script i'm using...sorry for any line wrapping.

#!/bin/sh

JAVACMD=java
TOMCAT_HOME=.
CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH;.\\lib\\ant.jar;.\\lib\\jasper.jar;.\\lib\\servlet.jar
;.\\lib\\webserver.jar"

$JAVACMD -cp $CLASSPATH -Dtomcat.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat "$@"

thanks,

-jon

--