tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: Outstanding bugs before 3.2 final?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:15:28 GMT
I have filed a while back a bug concerning the windows batch files which
contain Unix-Style end of line which breaks under win98.

(see bug report: http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/63 ).

It seems that the problem still exists and it is quite painful to have to
convert the files all the time.

Do you think the fix would be part of 3.2 ?

Best regards,
Jean-Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:Larry.Isaacs@sas.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2000 4:13 AM
To: 'tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Outstanding bugs before 3.2 final?

Hi Sam,

I cleaned up some error handling last night and committed the changes this
morning after some further testing.  The change includes removing the stack
traces from the default exception handling.  I agree with Costin and others
that this reveals more information than is
desirable.

Is it possible to include these changes in beta-5?

The main spec issue that I'm aware of is that getServletPath(),
getPathInfo(), and getPathTranslated() still return encoded strings instead
of decoded per the Servlet 2.2 spec errata.

It's not good for Tomcat 3.2 to not be in compliance, but would this be okay
defer until Tomcat 3.3?  This issue hasn't had much impact in the work I do,
so I have't formed a strong opinion on this.

Cheers,
Larry