tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: Updated Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 16:50:25 GMT
I have filed a bug ( I think it is #63 ) about Windows batch files
containing Unix-style end-of-line, which makes it not work on Win98SE (at
least).

I have experienced the problem with Tomcat 3.2Beta3, and I am wondering if
it could be a packaging problem ?

Regards,
Jean-Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:larryisaacs@mindspring.com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 5:21 AM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Updated Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2

Here is an updated set of batch files for Tomcat 3.2 for anybody who wants
to try them.  The primary improvement over the last set is that it
incorporates a suggestion by Hans Bergsten that detects if setting CLASSPATH
dynamically fails and sets it statically instead.

The failure occurs on Win9x systems when you use long names in TOMCAT_HOME.
If you want to set CLASSPATH dynamically on Win9x with TOMCAT_HOME
specified, use only DOS 8.3 names in TOMCAT_HOME.

Also, tomcatEnv.bat is included this time.

If no problems are found, I'll commit these files this afternoon.

Larry