tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kehoe <ke...@fortuity.com>
Subject tweak default Tomcat home page before 3.2 final
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:54:23 GMT
Before 3.2 final is released, for the default Tomcat home page at
</path/to/tomcat>/webpages/index.html
it would be nice to add the following:
User mailing list archives are available at
http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/index.html

-----------------------------

Perhaps it seems unnecessary to include a link to the Jakarta Tomcat
project on the default Tomcat home page. But it's quite possible someone
may get the Tomcat distribution without knowing about the project web site.

I believe the link to the documentation should be on the default home page
as well. It would be nice to simply look at a README file to install and
start Tomcat, see the default home page, and then follow a link to the
documentation to find out more. Alternatively, the doc directory could be
part of a web app so the docs can be read remotely via http. I know I've
installed web servers on remote servers and not been able to easily access
the docs except by ftp'ing files to my local machine.

Daniel
kehoe@fortuity.com