tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: jasper.jar and tomcat.jar + non-default classloader
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:26:12 GMT
cmanolache@yahoo.com wrote:

> Regarding tomcat->jasper dependency, I hope we'll be able to remove it (
> it isn't supposed to be any )

+1.

In the jakarta-tomcat-4.0 tree there are zero code dependencies between Jasper and
Catalina (in fact, the Catalina classes are not even visible on the same class
path), but there is still a dependency on Catalina providing a servlet context
attribute to tell Jasper what the webapp's "class path" is.

> Costin

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat