tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Betteridge <n.betteri...@syntactics.com>
Subject Virtual hosts, Catalina and resources
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:00:17 GMT
I'm in the middle of trying to set up Catalina using the Embedded class
to create virtual hosts (straight forward) and then monitor each virtual
host resource.

What is relatively easy is the resource allocation of the connection
thread for the HttpSession/HttpConnection thread - accessed via JNI.

The physical disk resources of each virtual host - really a collection
of war directories - is also straight forward.

The area where I'm hung up is the resource measurement of the virtual
host footprints that are in the JVM.

I'm in the middle of setting up each StandardHost as a thread but I'm
not too sure if I'm wandering down the wrong path.

Any input or suggestions from anybody?

Thanks
Nick