tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jonas Bosson <jo...@illuminet.se>
Subject Re: Re: Cocoon interceptor inside Tomcat?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:52:26 GMT

Thanks Craig and Costin!

What I will do:

1. I have set up a BufferedHttpServletResponse for the current implementations of
  jsdk and tomcat. It traps the buffer (more controlled than the BufferedServletOutputStream)
  (it will be a bit like beforeCommit - but with a wrapper since a beforeCommit - interceptor
   won't have much access to the stream or the buffer.)

2. Create a cocoon filter (Craig's recommendation) in servlet 2.3
   (and learn how much is implemented in dev-tomcat...)

The goal is have a XML-server that supports Webb-DAV and remote Access Control.
It takes a lot of fiddling, but the result would be a distributed file system and
web site that understands different user agents. I have not yet seen DAV implemented
in TomCat so I use Apache and mod_dav. But then the jserv - would have to create
a filtering pipe from an ActionHandler in Apache and I don't see the solution for that
yet. The implementation in apache would be something like "mod_include" - but for
servlet filtering on content-type / other attribute. And I have seen nothing about
that. But perhaps the nearly started mod_java - project at java.appache.org.

It's a puzzle. But it should work... ;-)

best,
Jonas Bosson