tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <>
Subject Re: ApJServ directives *must* have been documented by *now*... right?
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:58:16 GMT
This is a small rant... I don't want to start a flamewar or something
like it on the list... Please...

When I first wrote mod_jserv back in '98 I tried to keep both sources
and documentation up to date, trying do put as many comments as possible
in the code, and to document stuff like module directives and
installation directions... Just a simple README was enough...

My fault: I left, and aparently things didn't went straight as I tried
to keep them in the past. My new employer (well, someone might have
noticed that I changed my Email Address!) is now giving me the
opportunity to work once more on the connectors, and a bunch of
corollary tools for Tomcat.

I'm having quite a hard time to get how things are working right now,
maybe because my C is getting REALLY rusty (after 2 years of java-only

I just want to ask a couple of favours:

1 - please for the new code let's try to document what's in there, i can
tell you that it's _really_hard_ to understand what goes on when code is
uncommented (and this is a reminder for me too!). too bad that in C we
don't have something like JavaDoc...

2 - if someone has ANY kind of docs on whatever goes around mod_jserv
and mod_jk (of course that's not on our CVS) even a 2 line description
on why things are working in a certain way, please send it over to me,
as i'm trying to find a way down there, and assemble a more decent

Thanks, and sorry for the rant :)

View raw message