tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Performance on Win9x
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:42:10 GMT
Larry Isaacs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do most of my Tomcat work in WinNT, but I'm also doing some testing with Win98SE.
I find that the test-tomcat.xml test runs in about a minute under WinNT on my 128Meg/500Mhz
PIII, but takes about 15 minutes under Win98SE.  I get the same kind of differential running
WatchDog, a couple of minutes verses about 30 minutes.  Do others with Win9x see  test-tomcat.xml
or WatchDog take this long?  Doesn't anyone know of some system configuration changes or have
suggestions that would improve this?

That's odd -- I've got a 128mb/600mhz PIII running Win98SE (4.10.2222 A) and Watchdog takes
well under two minutes.  And I didn't tweak anything.

> Thanks.
> Larry

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat