tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: catalina realms
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:34:39 GMT
Paul Lamb wrote:

> I'm having class loading problems with my own custom realm. I've extened
> realmbase with my own realm and included it in a jar that is in .\lib and
> added a realm to my context in server.xml. The problem is that my realm
> starts to get loaded and than I get a class not found error for RealmBase.
>
> I'm guessing that the class loader wants that jar file in the .\server
> directory?

That is correct.  The "class path" for Catalina's own components (including
any Valves, Realms, and so on that you write) is the JAR files found in the
"server" directory.

The "lib" directory is the set of libraries that are exposed to web
applications as shared components.

> Paul Lamb

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat