tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Avi Kak <...@purdue.edu>
Subject Difficulties with building mod_jk for Solaris
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 01:35:26 GMT

The posted instructions for building mod_jk.so do not work
for Solaris. I am working with a just installed copy of
Apache 1.3.12 and SunOS 5.6. The Apache server was
installed with the DSO support compiled in.

The mod_jk-HOWTO document at the Tomcat site lists the
following three steps for building a Solaris version of
mod_jk:

    1. Change directory to the apache1.3/apache2.0 source
       directory.

    2. Use apxs in the following mannr:

         apxs -o mod_jk.so -c *.c ../jk/  *.c  -I ../jk/

    3. Copy mod_jk.so to Apache's libexec directory.

I am assuming that by "source directory" in Step 1 is meant
the directory

          TOMCAT_SOURCES/src/native/apache/jserv

I downloaded the sources from the Tomcat site into a separate
directory.  In other words, my TOMCAT_HOME and my TOMCAT_SOURCES
are two different directories.

When I try to execute Step 2 listed above, I get the following
error message

    apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680

Any help with this matter would be much appreciated!

Avi Kak
kak@purdue.edu