tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 beta3? problem with mod_jk
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:22:33 GMT
> I don't see this as a priority.  It is still an error even if the wrong result code is
returned.

> With AJP13, do you know what is supposed to happen with the POST's unread content in
this situation?

> I get a number of failures in test-tomcat.xml using AJP13.  Does it have known problems
in Tomcat 3.2, or is it supposed to be ready for use?  I'll try to investigate further.

I did only limited testing, I wouldn't bet too much on it. It is
clearly faster and better.

IMHO mod_jk is ready for use, we can recommend it as the default
using ajp12. It's the safest evolution path - if something goes
wrong we can go back to mod_jserv with minimal pain.
If everything is fine we'll probably get a lot of testing on
the common code ( that will improve ajp13 too ), and
it'll be very easy for people to try ajp13 and jni ( knowing
the risks ).

( by "something goes wrong" I mean strange configurations,
OSes, JVMs, etc - the kind of (ab)use mod_jserv and ajp12
went through. The common cases will probably work fine)

Costin