tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 SSL question
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:59:08 GMT
Stefan Freyr Stefansson wrote:

> Thank you for this reply Costin and I'm sorry for the delay of replying to
> it...
>
> The problem is that we don't use Apache + Tomcat.  The reason for this is
> that we do not need a high performance http server and Apache would be much
> too big to integrate into our project.  Therefore we are using Tomcat.
>
> So I would like to get some info on HOW two way authentication in Tomcat is
> done... can anybody point me in the right direction?

I would take a look at SSLSocketFactory, and also service/http/*
( SSLSocketFactory used to be in org.apache.tomcat.net, in the
current code base it's in tomcat.util.net ).

SSLSocketFactory is used with the http adapter to support https.
You may need few changes in the internal APIs to do what you
want ( right now I'm not sure there is any easy way to access the
tcp layer from interceptors ).

One way to start is to change the current code ( for example
the http connector ) to get something working. Then we can
figure out how we can turn your code into an interceptor.

Interceptors are similar with Apache modules, the
extension mechanism ( and building blocks ) of tomcat.
See org.apache.tomcat.request.

Costin