tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: latest cvs is broken
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 16:52:25 GMT
Arieh Markel wrote:

> > ok,
> >
> > something with the response.getWriter() PrintWriter is severely broken in
> > the latest cvs of tomcat.
>
> Jon,
>
> I reported the problem about 10 days ago.
>
> You can look at the archives for information I provided after instrumenting
> the code and tracing through the execution.
>
> Arieh

My personal recommendation to anyone that plans on using Tomcat right now in
production use is, stick with the 3.2 tree.  For future development, I'd
suggest looking at the "jakarta-tomcat-4.0" module, rather than the most recent
CVS code in "jakarta-tomcat" -- that is where the bulk of future development
efforts are going (including spec compliance with servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2).

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat