tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2000 18:12:22 GMT
> Larry Isaacs wrote:
>
> Attached is a proposed set of Windows batch files for Tomcat 3.2.
> [...]
> This set works for me on Win98SE and NT 4.0.  Let me know if problems are
> found on Win95 or Win2000.

Thanks, this looks much better. But a minor modification is needed to
get it to work on Windows 98 (at least the unpatched version I run):

rem ----- Set Up The Runtime Classpath --------------------------------------

:setClasspath
set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\classes

rem Try to determine if TOMCAT_HOME contains spaces
if exist %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar goto testOS
echo Your TOMCAT_HOME appears to contain spaces
echo Unable to set CLASSPATH dynamically
goto staticClasspath

:testOS
rem Dynamic CLASSPATH doesn't work on Windows 95/98
if not "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto staticClasspath

:dynClasspath
[...]

The only thing I've changed is a test on the OS to only go to
dynClasspath if it's NT. Since the %OS% variable is not initialized on
Windows 98, I didn't see a better way even though I realize this may
force a static CLASSPATH on more platforms than really needed.

I also believe the last part of the CLASSPATH setting should be changed
to this:

:chkClasspath
if "%CLASSPATH%" == "" goto noClasspath
set CP=%CP%;%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
:noClasspath
set CP=%CP%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar

What I have changed here is to add ";%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar" even if
the CLASSPATH is set.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com