tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: win98 dos windows and logging
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 09:44:38 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> Here is the problem:
>
> I'm running Tomcat (latest CVS version) and my servlet is throwing a nasty
> exception during startup. On Win98, the MS-DOS windows do not seem to have a
> way to add a scrollbar to the right hand side (this is possible to do with
> WinNT MS-DOS windows, but I can't figure out how to do it with Win98, please
> tell me if you know how!)

Nope... There's NO WAY... (I spent 2 days trying to figure it out!).
One possible way is to set the size of the windows to 80x50 lines (but
sometimes it's not enough) right clicking on the ms-dos prompt link/icon
and modifying the entry in the Screen tab.
Another way is to get STERR redirection using BASH or 4DOS (if you don't
want to install cygwin!).
Or, you can always write a small class that:

public static void main(String argv[]) {
	System.setErr(System.out);
	org.apache....classname.main(argv);
}

In this way you'll be able to redirect the error to output and it
(should) work...

	Pier