tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 beta3?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 18:14:35 GMT
Nacho wrote:

> I think this can be handled inside cmd or command adjusting the
> classpath to use short names, and i think this can be done in for too
> with the new and weird uses it has, i'll do some testing.
>
> I think java can use short filename, i'm right ?, and is far better to
> have an autload lib dir, i'll do some test tonight to see if this can
> work in NT but i can't  test it on Win98.

I doubt that it helps. At least on Windows 98, the file names "for" assigns
to the variable is already the short type. And AFAIK, there's no way
around the limitation of "one directory level" in Windows 98.

Isn't the contents of the Tomcat lib directory pretty stable at this
point? Do we really need this "auto lib dir" functionality? I would like
to see Tomcat 3.2 released ASAP and don't want to hold it up unnecessarily.
I therefore suggest we add the JAR files explicitly instead; this works
on both NT and Windows 98, and Larry has promised to fix the BAT file.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com