tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 beta3?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 04:14:19 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Petr Jiricka wrote:
> >
> >  I just saw that there is a link on the Jakarta site !
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2-beta-3/
>
> Yes, it is out there.  Hopefully, this will be the last beta for this
> release.  If no showstoppers are found, I'll call for a vote sometime
> tomorrow, with the hope for publishing the final release sometime next
> week.

I have tested Beta 3 with a number of sample JSP applications, with heavy
use of tag libraries, and everything works fine on NT 4.0 with JDK 1.2.2
and JDK 1.3.

Unfortunately I can't get it to work at all on Windows 98 :-(

First of all, a minor detail that I'm sure is known and will be fixed
in the real distribution package: all BAT files have Unix linend characters
so they won't run on Windows 98. That was easy to fix.

More serious is that the

  for %%i in (%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\*.jar) do call %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\cpappend.bat
%%i

trick in tomcat.bat doesn't work when TOMCAT_HOME is set to an absolute
path for some reason. If I let the BAT file set it to "." this part works.

But even when I have the CLASSPATH right, all attempts to access
resources (HTML files, JSP files or servlets) in any context other
than the default fails with a 404. I don't know what's going on
there ...

I will continue to try to figure out what the problem is, but if someone
else knows how to get the BAT files working for Windows 98, and why
the demo contexts can not be accessed, I'd appreciate some hints.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com