tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <>
Subject Jasper Changes
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:01:31 GMT
Are these Jasper changes (new features / bug fixes / JSP 1.2
additions) going to be rolled back into the Tomcat 3 Jasper source?

If not, then I think it's time to spin Jasper off as a separate
project, or at least a separate top-level subdirectory under
jakarta-tomcat.  Then both Tomcat and Catalina will have to change
their build process to include it.

Remember, we want Jasper to work with any servlet engine, including
Tomcat 3, and including other Servlet 2.2 containers.

 - Alex

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 06:06:00PM -0000, wrote:
> pierred     00/09/21 11:05:59
>   Modified:    jasper/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler
>   Log:
>   Moved the code to catch a null method to its proper location.

Alex Chaffee
jGuru - Java News and FAQs
Creator of Gamelan
Founder of Purple Technology