tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject JVM core dump with JDK1.3 win32 due bad File Descriptor
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:45:17 GMT
Hello,

Here is a post I've sent to the Jboss list:

  Hello,

  I don't know if it was done yet, but I finally succeeded in integrating
  Catalina in jboss.

  It wasn't a piece of cake, since it generates core dumps on my win
JDK1.3
  JVM.
  I was getting EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION from all the place, and when I
  forced to NON JIT, the error was a 'little' more explicit : '
  java.util.MissingResourceException can't find bundle for base name
  org.apache.catalina.valves.LocalStrings'
  whereas the resource was in the catalina.jar !!!!

  So I traced down the ResourceBundle which took me way too long... in
  java.util.ResourceBundle I had to trace an exception that was caucht
but
  simply ignored :-( (line 944)
  Finally the original exception is :
  java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor

  Does anyone know what this mean ? Is there some limit in these file
  decriptors ?

   Is it a JVM bug (because with JDK1.2.2 win it does work) ?

  So to make everything working, I had to extract from the catalina.jar
the
  necessary LocalStrings.properties (there is 10 of them) into a classes
  directory, and after reshaping the classpath, everything worked fine.
Any
  idea on what's happening ?

  So beside this issue, I'm willing to share with the other my
  'CatalinaMBean', and the guideline (way similar to Tomcat3.x). Thus I'm
  expecting directive from the board :-)

  All the best,

  Sebastien

Has anybody an idea of what is going on ?

All the best,

Sebastien