tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Outstanding bugs before 3.2 final?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:01:15 GMT
> Some bugs are too difficult to resolve without affecting the stability,
> and will be resolved in future releases - as long as tomcat 3.2 is better
> than 3.1 ( not perfect) I think we are fine.

Yes!  We need to get people using 3.2, which is much better than 3.1
in any version.  The current 3.2 beta is more stable and less buggy
than 3.1 final, but people are scared of it because it's not called
"final".  I'm sick of people submitting FAQs for bugs that have been
fixed in 3.2.

> Please mark ( or send to the list)  all "MUST BE FIXED" bugs ( i.e. if not
> fixed you'll -1 the release ).

As far as I'm concerned, there are no such bugs.  "Release for the
sake of release" is my motto.  Just get it to pass Watchdog and ship.

 - A