tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #178 has been filed.
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:57:28 GMT
Bug report #178 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/178>

REPORT #178 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: suggest
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1
   JVM Release: jdk1.3
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 4 sp 4
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
Auto loading jar files from the lib directory

While reading through the docs I noticed that the jars in
the \lib directory are auto loaded on Unix systems, but
not on Windows.  I opened the source, changed the ContextManager class and compiled a new
version.  I jar'ed the classes and replaced the webserver.jar file with my new one.  Works
great.  My questions is...How do I get this change put into the process of being adopted into
the general source tree?  Is this change supposed to be somewhere else?  If so, where?

Seems like a feature like this is something that some people enjoy and others do not.  Why
not let everybody enjoy it?