tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #181 has been filed.
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:16:28 GMT
Bug report #181 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/181>

REPORT #181 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: Tomcat 3.2 beta 3
   JVM Release: JDK 1.2.2
   Operating System: Windows 95
   OS Release: 4.00.950 B
   Platform: Intel Pentium Pro(r)

Synopsis:
invalidate method and putValue method do not cooperate

There are problems with cooperate of session.invalidate() and session.putValue() methods with
Tomcat 3.2 beta 3.

With Tomcat 3.1 there are no problems.

With Tomcat 3.2 beta 3 they cause
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: getAttribute: Session already invalidated"!

Or more exactly, if I use session.invalidate (see "How To Reproduce"), then session.putValue
cause this exception.
If I do not use session.invalidate, session.putValue works normaly. But I want to invalidate
this session!

 Here is the exception:
 ---------------------------------

java.lang.IllegalStateException: setAttribute: Session already invalidated
at org.apache.tomcat.session.StandardSession.setAttribute
(StandardSession.java:713)
at org.apache.tomcat.session.StandardSession.putValue
(StandardSession.java:629)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpSessionFacade.putValue
(HttpSessionFacade.java:147)
at _0002fmesto_0002ejspmesto_jsp_3._jspService
(_0002fmesto_0002ejspmesto_jsp_3.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service (HttpJspBase.java:119)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service (HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service
(JspServlet.java:177)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile
(JspServlet.java:309)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service (HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService
(ServletWrapper.java:387)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service (ServletWrapper.java:371)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService
(ContextManager.java:749)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service (ContextManager.java:695)
at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:207)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt (PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run (ThreadPool.java,
Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java, Compiled Code)

Thank you very much for any help!

Mirek Subrt