tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #165 has been filed.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:14:30 GMT
Bug report #165 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/165>

REPORT #165 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: Tomcat 3.1
   JVM Release: Java 2
   Operating System: Sun/Solaris
   OS Release: recent
   Platform: Sun

Synopsis:
Update to JSP file names have 'null' appended to them when defined in web.xml

Excuse me...the last bug report got scrambled.

I tried to create a web.xml file to run the snoop.jsp file that comes with Tomcat(see $TOMCAT_HOME/examples/jsp/snp).

I created a new webapps directory, called myJspTest, and defined it in the server.xml file.

I placed the snoop.jsp file in it, and a WEB-INF/web.xml file.

The web.xml file has these definitions for a servlet:
servlet-name=snoop, jsp-file=/snoop.jsp

The web.xml file has these definitions for servlet-mapping:
servlet-name=snoop, url-pattern=/snoop

However, when I invoked <>/myJsp/Test/snoop, I received the error::
"Error: 404 Location:/myJspTest/snoop.jspnull File Not Found /myJspTest/snoop.jspnull"
The server seems to be adding a 'null' to the snoop.jsp file name.