tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #156 has been filed.
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:07:44 GMT
Bug report #156 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/156>

REPORT #156 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: webbug
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat
   JVM Release: jdk 1.3
   Operating System: nt
   OS Release: 4
   Platform: dell

Synopsis:
WEB.XML file is wrong but still accepted by Tomcat

I developed a test web application and built my WEB.XML file.
Everything worked fine. As a test, I ported this over to
Weblogic. The Weblogic XML parser reported a problem. After
further investigation, I noticed that my WEB.XML is wrong
according the the DTD. According the the WEB.XML DTD the
<servlet> tags need to come before the <servlet-mapping>
tags if I understand the DTD.

I guess my concern would be that Tomcat should pop up an
error when processing the WEB.XML. Otherwise, someone might
develope an app that could not be ported to other plateforms.

If my understanding ot the DTD is wrong, I would appreciate
the feed back too!

My WEB.XML is in the ENVIRONMENT DESCRIPTION.

Thanks.

Paul Garduno