tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #140 has been filed.
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 05:39:02 GMT
Bug report #140 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/140>

REPORT #140 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1
   JVM Release: 1.1.8
   Operating System: Linux
   OS Release: Red Hat 6.0
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
Unable to set up servlet mapping '*.x.y'

Setting  up a servlet mapping '*.y' makes it
possible to map uri's ending i '.y' to a specific
servlet. But using a servlet mapping of the form '*.x.y'
does not seem to match 'zzyyx.x.y'. This mapping works
in other servlet engines I have tried. '*.x.y' is really
just a special case of the '*.y' form, so there is no
reason for why it should not work.

The reason for wanting this special case is when generating
content of a specific type, .pdf for example. I do not
want this mapping to interfere with my static .pdf files,
I just want it to apply to dynamically generated .pdf files
(xyz.generated.pdf for example). So why don't I just set
the mime type to application/acrobat or whatever? Because
Microlist Exploiter does not seem to be able to make the
connection between the mime type and the application to
execute, it requires the "correct" file type.

Also it helps the browser suggest a more appropriate
filename to the user (with the correct file type).