tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #161 has been filed.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:07:01 GMT
Bug report #161 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/161>

REPORT #161 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: New Feature
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1
   JVM Release: -
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: -
   Platform: -

Synopsis:
Feature to forward requests using request dispatcher even if the servlet input stream is empty

When i process multipart/form data in my servlet, I need to read the input stream to parse
the binary data. I use HttpUtils.parsePostData to do this. Note that I do not use getParameter
on the HttpRequest anywhere after this(since that would definitely fail - I have emptied the
input stream into my own data structures). But I need to forward this request to a JSP now.
The JSP uses my data structures for the form parameters (that i have passed in as attribute
in the HTTP request). It looks like internally, tomcat uses the getParameter call on the http
request while invoking the dispatcher.forward, which in turn calls httpUtils.parsePostData
, thus landing up with a short read !!

Is there any way, the forward can happen with an empty input stream of parameters ?