tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #116 has been filed.
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:36:26 GMT
Bug report #116 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/116>

REPORT #116 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: Tomcat 3.1
   JVM Release: Java2 JSDK 1.3 Release Candidate
   Operating System: Solaris
   OS Release: 2.7
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
JCE 1.2.1 support is not handled correctly

I am running the latest and greatest Java/Tomcat/JCE on a Solaris 2.7 intel box. I have loaded
all the OS patches per the sun and java sites. I have a couple classes which implement the
Blowfish encryption algorithm using the JCE. These work standalone when compiled using javac
and executed via java command line. Each works if the JCE is statically configured via the
java.security file or dynamically via the addProvider() call. When I call these classes from
a jsp using Tomcat I get an error "Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs" I have tried using
various JVMs by setting the jvm.cfg file (Hotspot, et. al) Standalone things work fine, jsp
compilation/execution from Tomcat errors. Any help is appreciated.