tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #154 has been filed.
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 01:45:09 GMT
Bug report #154 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/154>

REPORT #154 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: webbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat 3.1
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: windows nt
   OS Release: 4.0
   Platform: windows

Synopsis:
xml / xsl when generated by jsp result in xml unspecified error

I have an application that uses JSP to generate an XML document that contains an XSL style
sheet. When I try to display the results using IE 5.0.3105.0106, I receive the error "XML
Page cannot be displayed, unspecified error". This same code works fine under RESIN and ORION
web servers.
When I right click on the error page and view source, I can see the generated XML, but the
stylesheet reference line seems to be missing

<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="mtv-sign-on.xsl"?>