tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #100 has been filed.
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:16:09 GMT
Bug report #100 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/100>

REPORT #100 Details.

Project: Jasper
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat 3.2b3?
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 4SP6a
   Platform: WinTel

Synopsis:
jsps in subdirs get package spec, but get put in wrong directory

I had a simple JSP in a subdirectory (called "travel") off of the document root.
When I requested it from the browser and looked at what it built, I see that in the "work"
directory, it created a "travel" subdirectory matching the subdirectory the jsp was in, and
it put a "package" statement matching the subdirectory name, but the actual ".java" and ".class"
file was put in "work/localhost_8080", not in "work/localhost_8080/travel".  The "travel"
directory is empty.

This makes it almost impossible to debug generated jsps, without manual intervention.