tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #149 has been filed.
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:03:59 GMT
Bug report #149 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/149>

REPORT #149 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: Enhancement
Class: feature
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1
   JVM Release: 1.1
   Operating System: Windows 20000 AS
   OS Release: 1.0
   Platform: Intel

Synopsis:
Long File Name Support in installation batch files for Windows 32

The batch files that come with the zip file for installation require comments around the command.

More Details:
Filename: "startup.bat"
Problem: I installed tomcat in "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\jakart-tomcat". This creates
a long filename. Startup.bat would not run the command "call %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat start
%1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9". I fixed the problem by adding quotation around the actual command.
Example: call "%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat" start %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

The same applies to "shutdown.bat"

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for all your help.