tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #96 has been filed.
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:14:07 GMT
Bug report #96 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/96>

REPORT #96 Details.

Project: Servlet API
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.1
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: Linux
   OS Release: 6.x
   Platform: intel

Synopsis:
BUG: in JSP, application.getRequestDispatcher always return null

Hi all experienced developer.

RequestDispatcher dispatcher = application.getRequestDispatcher("mypage.jsp");
if(dispatcher == null){
			return;
}
dispatcher.forward(request, response);

Above is an extract of my source file. According to my test,
l found that "getRequestDispatcher" always return null.
However, if l used below approach, the request was forwarded successfully. Is it a bug in
Tomcat ?

pageContext.forward("mypage.jsp");
return;

If anyone know the solution, it is highly appreciated if you can send the answer to cwso7&@netscape.net
& danny.so@gurubase.com

regards
Danny, Ah So
GuruBase Technology Ltd (Linux Guru) Hong Kong