tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Jiricka <petr.jiri...@netbeans.com>
Subject RE: WEB-INF classloading and on the fly compilation
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:56:20 GMT

> > I checked all existing Java compiler and none of them work
> thru resource
> > abstraction but they read the files directly from the disk. :(
>
> If we find a suitable license, I can hack the compiler itself...

We did exactly these hacks for the new Javac "V8" compiler, as we use a
resource abtraction and we needed a compiler which would work with this. So
we use a hacked version of javac, but it may be worth it to persuade the
javac team to incorporate these hacks to the "main branch" of Javac, since
it looks like resource abstraction is a feature that many people will like
(not just us).

You can also have a look at our resource abstraction APIs at
http://www.netbeans.org/download/apis/org/openide/filesystems/package-summar
y.html.

Petr