tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Petr Jiricka <petr.jiri...@netbeans.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2 beta3?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 07:14:02 GMT
We had exactly the same problems with launch scripts for NetBeans/Forte for
Java. At the end we concluded that scripts have to be different for W98 and
NT/2000. The reasons were apparently that

1) "For" does not work on W98 with long names
2) problems with long values of variables
3) some more minor inconsistencies between W98 and NT/2000.

I don't know the background very well, but feel free to ask Libor Martinek
(libor.martinek@netbeans.com) if run into any problems. Also, for
inspiration you can look at
http://www.netbeans.org/source/browse/core/release/bin/: there is
runide_nt.bat and runide_w98.bat, so you can compare them to see the
differencies.

I hope this helps
Petr