tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Stewart" <GrahamStew...@compuserve.com>
Subject Bugs #21, #68 request.getSession() fails when followed by RequestDispatcher.include()
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:36:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm seeing this behaviour in Tomcat 3.1 release.
Does anyone know who I should contact about this as I have additional
reproducible behaviour:

As per example 2-  I include() a JSP and getSession() fails by returning  a new
session context.
If I force a syntax error into the JSP I naturally get an
Included servlet error : 500
I then undo the error.
On the next request the JSP is recompiled.
The next call to getSession() returns a new session context
but from then on getSession() works and the
expected session is always returned.

Any pointers as to what I should do about this?

Graham