tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Warner Onstine" <war...@warneronstine.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 SSL - Unrecognized SSL handshake...
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:44:06 GMT
What does your server.xml file look like?

-warner

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefán Freyr Stefánsson" <stebbi@decode.is>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 2:16 AM
Subject: Tomcat 3.2 SSL - Unrecognized SSL handshake...

> Does anybody know this error?
>
> I'm receiving it when trying to access https://localhost:8443 (or just
> https://localhost when Tomcat is configured to listen to port 443).  I'm
> using Tomcat standalone.
>
> I've done everything I was told to do by the server.xml file, and I've
even
> looked through the SSLSocketFactory class code and found nothing which may
> be not working...  I've added JSSE to my classpath and I did the keystore
> thing with the -keyalg RSA flag so I'm a little bit baffled!
>
> Here is the output I get from the Tomcat console window when I try to
access
> the server:
> 2000-09-08 08:36:01 - ContextManager: IOException reading request,
ignored -
> javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL handshake.
>         at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
>         at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
>         at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
>         at
> com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
>         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:186)
>         at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:204)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.doRead(HttpRequestAdapter.
> java:120)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.doRead(BufferedServletInpu
> tStream.java:106)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.read(BufferedServletInputS
> tream.java:128)
>         at
> javax.servlet.ServletInputStream.readLine(ServletInputStream.java:138)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.readNextRequest(HttpReques