tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2 SSL - Unrecognized SSL handshake...
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:55:18 GMT

kind regards, Stefan Freyr

-----Original Message-----
From: Ismael Blesa Part [mailto:iblesa@tissat.es]
Sent: 9. september 2000 13:14
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org; stebbi@decode.is
Subject: Re: Tomcat 3.2 SSL - Unrecognized SSL handshake...

Stefán Freyr Stefánsson wrote:

> attatching it to this letter.
>
> Don't worry about the additional parameter "clientAuth" that's just
> something we're going to use when the time comes that we can require
client
> certificates.  Otherwise it looks exactly like the default server.xml...
> only with the SSL partion uncommented and the regular http connector
> commented out.

This parameter does not work, I have tried on Tomcat 3.2 B 2 and when
connecting
to the https server it does not ask for a client certificate. Has this
worked
for you?

I am trying to get access to the digital certificate from my jsp's but I can
not. Do you know how to make it work?

The problem you have is directory listing problem, if you use
https://myhost:8443/index.html it works, but if you do https://myhost:8443/
then
you get the error

> regards, Stefan Freyr

java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:186)
> >         at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:204)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.doRead(HttpRequestAdapter.
> > java:120)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.doRead(BufferedServletInpu
> > tStream.java:106)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.read(BufferedServletInputS
> > tream.java:128)
> >         at
> > javax.servlet.ServletInputStream.readLine(ServletInputStream.java:138)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.readNextRequest(HttpReques
> > tAdapter.java:134)
> >         at

> > onnectionHandler.java:192)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:403)