tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Freyr Stefansson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Directory listing problem and two way authentication bugfix/enhancement
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:56:12 GMT
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="443"/>
            <Parameter name="socketFactory"
                value="org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory" />
	    <Parameter name="clientAuth"
	        value="true" />
	    <Parameter name="keystore"
	        value="c:\002.keystore" />
	    <Parameter name="keypass"
	        value="passphrase" />
	    <Parameter name="secure"
		value="true" />
        </Connector>

This is how the server.xml should look when using the updated
SSLSocketFactory class I posted.  You were right... adding the "secure"
parameter did the trick with the directory listing problem... now it
redirects from https://localhost to https://localhost/index.html.

So everything is working fine and dandy now but you should probably add the
line <Parameter name="secure" value="true" /> to the SSL part of the
server.xml (the part where you say "uncomment for ssl support") and put that
in circulation...  This solution doesn't really jump out when you have this
problem ;o)

I still haven't received any answer about how to post a bugfix like the
SSLSocketFactory...  How do I formally submit a bugfix like that?

Kind regards, Stefan.