tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Warner Onstine" <war...@warneronstine.com>
Subject running tomcat in a thread
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:32:29 GMT
Hi all,
I am attempting to get Tomcat [Catalina] to run in its own thread when asked
to start, but am running into some difficulties when attempting to shut it
down.  I am receiving the following message upon attempted shutdown:

Lifecycle Exception: This server has not yet been started.

I have an initialize() method start the thread with all of the parsing of
server.xml, and then the server.start() command (which works properly), with
the appropriate server.await() command (almost identical to
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina). Now what is happening when the
terminate() method is called is the exception above.

Any ideas?

-warner