tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan_Pie...@seagram.com (Jonathan Pierce)
Subject Re:RE: Case Sensitivity in URLs (was RE: BugRat Report #92 w
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:33:14 GMT
>>Fact is if you "get your
>>way" with issue it's going to cause porblems for me later when I have to
>>port your ".war" to UNIX, Netware or AS400, all of which run Tomcat, btw.

I don't see how case-insensitive content in war files will cause portability
problems. If your environment is case-sensitive, it will continue to serve
case-insensitive content ignoring the content case.

Also,

I am more concerned about the servlet context part of the path being
case-insensitive since that is the part of the path that may be typed by the
user or the installer as the base of a relative path.

Jonathan